Anti-Inflammatory Chicken Pesto Pasta
This amazing Chicken Pesto Pasta is anti-inflammatory and so simple! Not only is it delicious, it's also packed with nutrients.
What makes this recipe so effective and ideal for those with inflammation are these star ingredients:
Broccoli – is full of antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E and Beta-carotene. It’s also high in fibre, low in calories and has been shown to help reduce the risk of certain cancers. Broccoli contains a rich source of flavonoid called kaempferol, which helps inhibit inflammatory response and ease joint pain.
Basil – is not only a flavour enhancer, but also provides many additional health advantages. The active ingredient in basil called Eugenol, contains anti-inflammatory properties which provides important healing benefits for people with arthritis. Basil is also loaded with important nutrients such as vitamin K, zinc, calcium, potassium and beta-carotene.
Black Pepper – used frequently in everyday cooking. It holds significant nutritional benefits and contains many vitamins and minerals. The active compound in black pepper called piperine, may have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Recent studies have shown it contains anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic benefits. Another major benefit of piperine is to help boost the absorption of turmeric. With using a small serving of pepper, the bioavailability of turmeric is significantly improved.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 300g wholemeal spiral pasta
• 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
• 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets (anti-inflammatory ingredient 1)
• 1 zucchini, sliced thinly
• 1 medium yellow capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
• 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup pesto
• Salt and cracked pepper (anti-inflammatory ingredient 2)
• Fresh basil, for garnish (anti-inflammatory ingredient 3)
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, stirring occasionally until tender. This should take approximately 12 - 14 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until brown. Add broccoli, capsicum and zucchini cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Add drained pasta, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto into the frying pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowls, add basil on top as garnish.
|Nutritional Information||Per Serve|
|Energy||1947 kJ (463 cal)|