Crumbed Cutlets and Rocket Salad
These crumbed cutlets are the perfect addition to a summer's day picnic or, served with the rocket salad, are a wonderful meal in their own right. Nutritious, simple and delicious, once you've tried this recipe once we're confident it'll become a staple on your summer menu!
Tomatoes – provide a rich source of lycopene, vitamin C, flavonoids, vitamin E, potassium and beta-carotene. Research has shown the antioxidant lycopene contains impressive anti-inflammatory properties. Unlike other fruits and vegetables, tomatoes actually have great bio-availability after cooking and processing. This means adding crushed tomatoes to meals such as pasta, shepherd’s pie or soups will have more nutritional benefits.
Avocados – provide a collection of nutrients and mono-unsaturated fats important for heart health. They are also rich in vitamin C and E which act as natural antioxidants to protect the body from harmful free radical damage. The high concentration of polyphenols in avocados has been shown to have anti-inflammatory benefits and has been linked to decreased risk of joint damage.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 2 cups bread crumbs
• ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup plain flour
• 4 x 200g pork cutlets
• 100g rocket, washed
• 150g cherry tomatoes, halved (anti-inflammatory ingredient 1)
• 1 medium avocado, stoned, coarsely chopped (anti-inflammatory ingredient 2)
• 4 radishes, washed and thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
• Salt and black pepper
• Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Use a meat mallet to pound the pork cutlets until roughly 1cm thick. Season each with salt and pepper. Place the flour on a plate. Combine the bread crumbs and chopped parsley on a separate plate. Dip 1 cutlet in flour and shake off any excess. Dip in whisked eggs, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Repeat this process with remaining pork cutlets.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the cutlets for 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Set aside and drain on paper towel.
3. To assemble the salad, combine rocket, tomato, avocado and radish in a large bowl. Drizzle over balsamic glaze, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve salad with pork cutlets, add lemon wedges on the side as garnish.
|Nutritional Information||Per Serve|
|Energy||1917 kJ (456 cal)|