A delicious recipe by Vicky Foord.
serves 6 I prep time = 10 minutes I cooking = 30 minutes
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 ½ cups salt reduced chicken stock (or chicken bone broth)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (anti-inflammatory ingredient)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (anti-inflammatory ingredient)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small capsicum, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 150g white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (anti-inflammatory ingredient)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- ½ cup water
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- salt and cracked pepper
- olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes, turning, until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
Add remaining oil, vegetables, cumin, turmeric and chicken back to the pan. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add stock and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Mix cornflour and water in a small bowl. Pour slowly into pie mixture, stir until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof pie dish.
Spray one side of the filo pastry sheets with olive oil, then scrunch them on top of the pie mixture. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediate with a side salad or roasted vegetables.