A delicious recipe by Vicky Foord.
Makes 20 I prep 10 minutes I refrigeration 2 - 3 hours
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) (anti-inflammatory ingredient 1)
- ¼ cup linseeds (anti-inflammatory ingredient 2)
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup goji berries (anti-inflammatory ingredient 3)
- 1 cup Manuka honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C (or 140°C fan-forced). Toast oats for 10 minutes and then add almonds, linseeds and pumpkin seeds and toast for another 5 - 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow it to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add toasted mixture into a large bowl along with the puffed rice, dried cranberries and goji berries. Mix well to combine.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond butter and honey just slightly (not cooked). Stir in the cinnamon, then pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Turn the mixture into a 9 × 13 baking dish lined with baking paper and press the mixture evenly and firmly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours. Cut into 20 even bars.
|Nutritional Information||Per Serve|
|Energy||1174 kJ (279 cal)|