A delicious recipe by Vicky Foord.
serves: 4 I prep: 10 minutes I cooking: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 500g skinless chicken thighs or breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can (400ml) light coconut cream
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 3 cm pieces
- salt and black pepper
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves (for garnish)
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger and sauté until fragrant, this will take approximately 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the spices and chicken into the same pan. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, until chicken is lightly brown. Add coconut cream, cauliflower, broccoli and capsicum. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide chicken curry between bowls and serve with basmati rice. Garnish with coriander and freshly sliced chilli.
|Nutritional Information||Per Serve|
|Energy||1784 kJ (424 cal)|