These Healthy Cajun Chicken Burgers tick all the boxes – quick, easy and delicious! Ready in just 20 minutes and loaded with fresh veggies, these burgers make for the perfect weekday meal.
Cajun Chicken Burgers
serves 4 | prep 10 mins | cooking 10 mins
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 large tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- salt and cracked pepper
- 4 multigrain bread rolls, split
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt
- Coat the chicken thigh fillets in olive oil and cajun seasoning.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken thigh fillets to the pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- To make the burgers, layer the base of bread rolls with lettuce, shredded cabbage, carrot and tomato. Season with salt and cracked pepper. Then top with chicken, chopped coriander and a dollop of natural yoghurt. Cover with the top half of the bread roll and serve.
|Nutritional Information||per serve|
|Energy||1905 kJ ( 453 cal)|
About the author
Vicki Foord is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), Sports Nutritionist and the Founding Director of Eat for Wellness, a private practice based in Melbourne. With over 9 years’ experience in nutrition, Vicki has a special interest in weight loss management and has helped many individuals achieve their health and well-being goals. Her other areas of expertise include diabetes management, gut health, IBS management (Monash University Low FODMAP certified) and Pre/Postnatal Nutrition.
With a father as a chef, Vicki spent the majority of her time in the kitchen. She loves cooking, experimenting with new foods, developing recipes and motivating others to eat well and stay well.